Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday March 3

We began our day with a prayer time. I have just been rounding kids up in whatever state of readiness they are at (teeth brushed etc.) , before or after breakfast, and having our Morning Prayer. This has been working great. We are still working at memorizing the Beatitudes.

Ariel: Math (at breakfast)- lesson 20
Whistle
Latin-oral with me
Poem- with me and on own

Hannah: Math- new lesson 25 (also lots of Timez Attack)
Latin- oral recitation with me
Poem- with me
Writing-lots of writing on her Chickadee project, including a poem and short report! Note to self: this child loves projects .

Caleb: Read in bed in am (Spiderwick book 3)
Poem with me
Math- lots of Timez Attack

Aaron: Read new list of words
Poem with me
Read a few books on Starfall

We gathered for a good read this morning, with lots of good Lincoln log play, knitting and cross stitching. It was so refreshing, as it seems as if the 'list' was ruling our days as of late! (Also, I was up ridiculously late at Ultimate last night and was determined not to let 'grumpy' mom rule today!).

We read a picture book (it was a wee bit strange), a chapter in The Last Battle, the chapter in FMOMA on Charles Martel (with a good discussion) and I think something else as well. Over lunch I read some random poems from the Harp and Laurel Wreath.

After lunch we gathered and I decided to do Drawing With Children with Ariel and Aaron. Hannah wanted to join in and we made some great birds. Caleb did one after we were done and did a fabulous, creative job of filling his in (I would love to post the pics but our camera is still in the shop).

We got up the second bird feeder and were thrilled to see lots of chickadees and nuthatches at both Hannah's homemade suet log and our old feeder. (Thanks Papa for the great new setup- what a great view from the table!)

Hannah got busy in the afternoon (no surprise there) with her chickadee project. She wants to present it at the Learning Centre tomorrow. Ariel and Caleb played a game of Monopoly and I had a very long bath and a good read of the Simirillian.

Outside play for three boys while Hannah made cookies for the LC. Phase 10 with Papa and then a great Cauliflower Cheese Soup and homemade bread.

It was a nice easy flowing day. No Latin, missed a bunch of music practices, but it was the kind of day we needed. Refreshing, even after only 5 hours of sleep!

No comments: